Below you will find a list of resources discussed at our District Roundtables.
WARNING! Spoiler alert to fun! This page is not meant as a replacement to attending Roundtable. It is a resource for those Scout leaders who did attend and would like a copy of the information discussed. Nothing can replace our monthly discussions and networking.
- Venomous Insects and Animals of Virginia/Poisonous Plants PPT
- PPT Notes
- Insect Identification of VA
- Snake Bites Flyer-Virginia Poison Center
- Venomous Snakes and their look-a-likes
- Common Ticks of VA Flyer- Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Tick-borne Diseases-Virginia Department of Health
- Tick-borne Disease of the United States- Center for Disease Control
- Controlling Mosquitoes Flyer- Center for Disease Control
- Asian Tiger Mosquito Flyer-Fairfax County Health Department
- Spiders of the USA Flyer
- Venomous Caterpillars Flyer-Permatreat
- Poisonous Plants brochure-FDA
- Poisonous Plants brochure- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
First Aid Baseball with instructions and question cards
WOW! UP3 this year was amazing! If you didn’t attend you sure did miss out. We had the following vendors in attendance:
On-Target Archery– Tyler Phaup: www.ontargetarcheryva.com
Chesterfield County Library-State Parks Backpack program, Makerspace and 3-D printer, John Twombly: firstname.lastname@example.org
5-11 Tactical supplies- Lee Smoyer: email@example.com
Mini-Miners- Katherine Paine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Challenge Discovery– Sarah Davenport: (804) 876-9733
Richmond Railroad Museum– Greg Hodges:
Pocahontas State Park-
NYLT- Gary Bryant:
Rain Gutter Regatta Resources:
Build your own track
Baloo’s Bugle “How to Run a regatta race”
- Switch it up and use recycled materials to build the boat, like half of a soda bottle with a pencil for a mast.
- Experiment and try blowing the boats with straws
- Run a catamaran race by dividing the regatta boat into two parts
- Have the
boats run on steam power
- Race wooden paddle boats
Space Derby Resources:
How to build a space ship
How to build a Space derby Track
Campsite selection: presentation pdf
- Nalgene bottle filled with survival gear and wrapped with duct tape
- Wide-brimmed hat to protect you from the sun and rain
- Swiss Army knife
- “Squishy” collapsible lantern
- A caribiner with trash bag wrapped tightly around it
- BackTrack GPS unit
- Thermarest camping pillow
- Camping chair (I can’t remember what brand Bill has but Crazy Creek makes similar ones)
- Night Ize GearLine
- UST survival playing cards
- Glowsticks to mark guy lines at night.
Cub Scout: Aquanaut presentation pdf
Cub Scout: Stem Presentation
Cub leaders were led in a discussion on the “God and Me” program and how it can be implemented in rank advancement. We also discussed the “Scouts’ Own Service”.
Presentation on God and Me and rank advancement
Sample Mass Service
Joint Cub and Scout presentation on the US flag and flag Etiquette
Flag Quiz Answer Key
Christopher’s Angels was created by Alexander Sims in the spirit of his twin brother Christopher, who died by suicide in 2014 at the age of 14.
In his short life, with many accomplishments and many friends, Christopher believed that kindness can change the world and make it a better place. He was kind to people and animals and believed every person offered a unique contribution to our world!
Subscribers to our program participate in and promote Christopher’s Angels’ Random Good Deeds and Kindness Days on the 22nd day of each month. Small deeds like saying “hello” to a stranger, holding the door open for someone behind you, asking to join someone who is eating alone or helping someone with their books, bags, etc., can inspire others to follow. Other deeds like speaking out against a bully can save a life and create more heroes to do the same!
Recruiting Volunteers and New Parent Orientation
Pack Family Talent Survey
Troop Talent Survey
Venturing Talent Survey
Pack Structure Chart
Pack Leadership Labels
Pack Leadership Job Descriptions
Understanding and Recruiting Pack Volunteers
Parent Recruiting Cards
Pack Position Cards
Article about Recruiting Volunteers
Selecting Cub Leaders
Cub Scout Parent Orientation (Not up to date, but still has good info)
(Not up to date, but still has good info)
Cub Scout Parent Orientation quick sheets (editable)
UP3 Vendor resources for adding zest to your Scouting Program.
Owner/Operator Candice Smith 434-392-PARK
Central Virginia Orienteering Club
Tim Gilbert 804-304-8841 email@example.com
On Target Archery
Tyler Phaup 804-227-3458 Tyler.firstname.lastname@example.org
Challenge Discovery Ropes Course
Cub: Den Leader Recognition
100 Ways to recognize Den Leaders
Thank you in many languages
Thank you for your Commit-mint
Thank you with M & Ms
Thanks for being a Lifesaver/Nuts and Bolts award
Roundtable Relay Fun:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmCeWxAYD38&feature=youtu.be
Boy Scout RT Historic TrailsVirginia’s Civil War Trail
Wow! If you didn’t make it to this RT you really missed out on a lot of fun. We had Kim’s Game for First Aid kits, moulage, and First Aid kit refreshers as well as fresh and engaging ideas to teach first aid to Cubs and Scouts. We need to give a shout out of special “Thanks!” to Holly Sturdevant T-1807 for the moulage tips. Here is our collection of resources:
Mark’s burn pain was too intense!
Cub RT: STEM and NOVA in the Cub Program
Click here for resources.
Cub RT: Service Projects and Uniforms
A good service project is the foundation for helping boys become good citizens and teaches them the value of service to others. It teaches empathy: an awareness that others are suffering, to look at the issue from their perspective and wish to ease their pain, moving beyond sadness and pity to aspire change. Click here for details.
Boy Scout RT: Recruiting
We all know the key to Troop growth is successful recruiting, but how do we effectively recruit?Don’t wait until AOL crossover time to start a relationship with Cub Packs. Click here for more information.