District Camporee is camping fun for youth, the thumping of hundreds of feet on the way to an evening campfire, and the blue smoke from fires cooking stew or ham and eggs. It’s the patter of rain on many tents at night. It’s the ripple of wind-blown flags in the morning sun. It’s catching the idea of teamwork in a patrol. It’s learning to carry out an order to help the team succeed. A camporee starts with the recognition that a patrol is the basic camping unit. The patrol demonstrates its very best camping techniques and shares its experiences with other patrols. The camporee involves the type of equipment that can be carried in a pack by scouts and can be set up entirely by scouts, allowing them to be completely self-sufficient for a self-reliant experience over a period of two or three days.
November 19 – 21, 2021
Fear Factor Camporee
Albright Scout Reservation
The Fear Factor Camporee’s mission is to challenge Scouts to face their own limiting fears. In mountain climbing, it’s not so much about conquering the mountain as it is conquering your own limiting beliefs about what you are capable of doing. This Camporee is designed to be a patrol troop-based, safe environment to support its members as they face their inner fear trial. For each Scout, each patrol, and each troop to do their best, every Scout MUST be able to start a fire without matches. Each patrol MUST create and bring a 50-foot plastic bag rope that they have made. The individual patrol’s score depends on all its members to do their best!
- Payment is due at the time of registration online.
- Registration closes on November 5th. NO WALK-ONS PERMITTED.
- This event is for Scouts BSA Troops and Troop sponsored WEBs and their dens.
- NO PROVISIONAL SCOUT or Cub/Webelos Scout REGISTRATIONS PERMITTED. ALL SCOUTS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH A SCOUTS BSA TROOP PROVIDING “TWO-DEEP” ADULT LEADERSHIP FOR THIS EVENT.
- WEBS should be with their DEN or sponsored by a TROOP in order to attend.
- NOTE: ALL adults (18 years and older) are required to submit a copy of their current Youth Protection training certificate at Check-in with the Troop’s Camporee roster.
$20.00 per attendee. Registration closes on November 5, 2021.
See the Leader’s Guide for details.
Contact Event Chairman, Eric Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.